CM Memories and Traditions

 Random Thoughts and Musings

From the Keyboards of Kinz and Llis

12/13/21



Merry Christmas, OAGGOR!!!!!! 😁 I hope you’re all having a wonderful Christmas break (if you’re already on it, which, seeing as how it’s only the thirteenth, you’re probably not . . . Maybe I should start over. XD I hope you’re all having a wonderful December so far and looking forward to the break that you will hopefully be on very soon. πŸ˜‰ Yes, breaks are ALWAYS something to look forward to months in advance. Or if you’re like me, you end up doing school during those breaks because you’re behind . . . BUT WE’RE NOT GOING TO THINK ABOUT THAT!!!!!! We will focus on the joy of Christmas!! Yeah, I’m DEFINITELY on track. *nods convincingly* *cough, cough*  Oh yes, TOTALLY. Just like I am. πŸ˜‰πŸ€£ We homeschoolers just find it so insanely easy to stay on track, right guys? XD We never EVER get behind. Never! We are VERY talented at staying caught up. Sometimes we even get ahead and finish our school year early!!! 🀣🀣🀣 Yes, all you OAGGOR out there who aren’t homeschoolers . . . FEEL JEALOUS!!!! XDXDXD YES!!!!!! πŸ˜‚ Well, anyway, back to the post. (See how good we are at staying on track?? We’re just fantastic. πŸ˜‰ Very much so lol.) This post is going to be a super fun, super awesome post (as they all are πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚) about some of our favorite CM traditions and memories! (Yes, we also have an abrv for Christmas lol.) Let the merriment begin!! πŸ˜…



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Luke 2:20 “And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.”


I love that after the shepherds saw Jesus for the first time, they couldn’t help glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen. When God touches your life, you just can’t help but praise Him! Yes! I would encourage all of you this Christmas to open your hearts to God and let Him work; you will be amazed at what He’ll do.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Memories


Probably my most treasured memory is Christmas cookie baking/decorating. Every year since I can remember, all my cousins and I go to our grandparents’ house sometime during December. When we were little, our moms would make sugar cookie dough, and we would bring out every single cookie cutter that was REMOTELY Christmasy (we’re talking trees, stars, trains, angels, circles, you name it XD) and make TONS of sugar cookies. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!! As we’ve gotten a little older, the sugar cookie decorating has kind of evolved into cookie baking! My grandpa spends WEEKS picking out recipes (he literally started about three weeks ago) of all different kinds of cookies, and when all the grandkids get there, we split up into teams of two and make them! Now that I’m quite capable in the kitchen (more to come about that very, VERY soon πŸ˜‰) Now that I SHOULD BE quite capable in the kitchen, I will probably just be helping out my younger cousins. XDXDXD


My family has a tradition where my mom buys us new pajamas and a calendar every year at CM. We open that present on CM Eve so we can wear our new pajamas to bed. Then the next morning, we open all of our other presents. My brother and I each have a “stocking” (a very LARGE stocking. I think it belonged to a giant πŸ˜‚) My grandma made those stockings for us when we were really little, and we’ve been using them ever since! After we open the little presents that are in the stockings, we open up the normal presents. And lastly, we open up Shadow’s present lol. Christmas morning is always so much fun!!! πŸ˜„


One of the best CM traditions is decorating the tree, obviously!! (So obvious that neither of us has a CM tree up yet . . . *ahem* BUT IT’S NOT MY FAULT THAT MY MOM IS SLOW!!!!! 🀣🀣🀣 ME NEITHER!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!! Except it’s my dad lol. BUT STILL!!!!!!! HAHA! But anyway lol . . .) And while we’re confessing our CM failures (great, she’s probably about to say she’s never had eggnog. Well actually, I haven’t . . . BUT THAT’S NOT WHERE WE’RE GOING WITH THIS!!!! 🀣 WELL, NOW WE HAVE TO!!!!! Jk, I suppose we can forget it . . . AS LONG AS YOU HAVE SOME BEFORE WE POST THIS!! OKAY LOL!!!!!), we (my family) have never ever had a real CM tree, and we most likely never will. 😭 Again, this is MY MOM’S doing, not mine. 🀣 She says the fake kind is easier to deal with, so that’s what we have lol!  Thankfully, I HAVE had a real CM tree MANY a time, so I don’t have to confess. πŸ˜‰ CONGRATS. THANK YOU FOR RUBBING IT IN!!!!! 🀣🀣🀣 AHHHHHHHHH, THE SMELL OF PINE NEEDLES, THE NOSTALGIA OF CHRISTMASES PAST, AND THE JOY OF A REAL TREE!!!!!!!!!!!! *sigh* WHAT KIND OF BEST FRIEND ARE YOU??????!!!!!!!! 🀣🀣🀣 A GREAT ONE!!!!! YES!!!!!!!! πŸ˜‚ I love how we went from CM trees to our relationship. 🀣 WE ARE AWESOME, ALLISON!!!!! WE REALLY ARE!!!!!!!!!! Don’t you guys just love us???(Yes, this is your cue to answer that question in the comments. πŸ˜‰ AND YOU BETTER SAY “YES”!!!!!! πŸ˜‚) Well, back to the topic at hand. What were we supposed to be writing about again?! XD CM TREES!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Oh yeah!! Actually, I think it was CMT DECORATING, but whatever haha! Lol, right! I’ll go first! So, my dad gets the CMT from the attic. Kudos to fake CMT though, you use the same one every year, so there’s some sentimental value there lol! But anyway, my mom sets it up and struggles with the lights because they manage to get SO tangled EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR!!!!!! πŸ˜‚ And then I help my mom wrap the garland around the tree. After that, my brother and I take our respective boxes of ornaments and start decorating!! Do you guys have a whole bunch of 1st Christmas ornaments like we do (and 2nd and 3rd lol)? Ohhhhhhhh, yes. πŸ˜‚ Embarrassing pictures and the whole nine yards lol! Lol! Sometimes my mom is like “Well, we don’t really need all 20 bell-shaped Christmas ornaments that have the child’s name and year, do we?” and we end up leaving half of them off. I LOVE THAT LOL!!!!! But it’s the sentimental value that counts!!!! You should still put them up! πŸ˜… Well, my mom isn’t sentimental . . . so we end up skipping them lol. (And I’m not particularly sentimental either, so I don’t mind.) Yeah, my mom isn’t half as sentimental as I am haha! I keep EVERYTHING!!! XD Our moms are alike like that. XD Yes haha! Well, before we start talking about something random like . . . *interrupts suddenly* LIKE HOW I AM NOT IN THE CM SPIRIT YET BECAUSE IT’S TOO HOT OUTSIDE, AND HOW BITTER I AM THAT I HAVE TO WEAR A SHORT-SLEEVED SHIRT IN THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🀣 AND YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE???!!!!!! WHAT??!!!!! SHE DOESN’T HAVE A CM PFP!!!!!!! IT’S EGREGIOUS!!!!! I’VE BEEN SCOLDING HER FOR DAYS (WEEKS!!!! XD REALLY!!! XD), BUT SHE STILL HASN’T LISTENED!!!!!! HEY, I THINK IT’S FAIR TO SAY THAT MY MUSICAL PFP IS PLAYING CM MUSIC!!!! 🀣 I MEAN, HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF MUSIC IS REPRESENTED BY MY PFP???!!!!! IT IS CHRISTMASY!!!!!!!!!! AND THE HEART IS RED!!!!!! A CM COLOR!!!!!!!! 🀣🀣🀣 *SIGH* WELL . . . we’d better wrap this post up (for real this time). 🀣 Okay lol. Good bye, our lovely OAGGOR!! Merry CM!!!


Until next time!

Kinz and Llis


P.S. KINZIE, CAN YOU BELIEVE WE ALMOST FORGOT???? HOW COULD WE??????!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON’T  KNOW!!!!!!!!!! *debates making the OAGGOR wonder about what on EARTH we’re talking about NOW* Should we, or should we just tell them? πŸ˜‰ Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe we’ll be nice and just tell them. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ Well, okay. BUT ONLY SINCE WE’RE TOTALLY AMAZING AND GENEROUS!!!!! LOL, YES!!! This Wednesday is a huge day!! Wednesday, December 15, 2021 is the ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY of RTAM!!!!! *deafening cheers and applause from all OAGGOR everywhere* Yes, you all get off school on Wednesday. (If only my Russian teacher got that memo . . . I think I have an exam coming up. 😭) It’s a National holiday!!! 🀣 At least, it SHOULD be. πŸ˜‚ Maybe next year. πŸ˜‰ But in the meantime, you guys can comment and tell us what your CM traditions are!! (After you tell us how awesome we are AND happy anniversary. XD Lol!!!) Anyway, that’s all we had to say, so enjoy your break, everyone!!! πŸ’– Bye!!!!! πŸ€—


Merry Christmas!!!

Kinz and Llis

 

 


Comments