Eating Pie and Counting Blessings

 Random Thoughts and Musings

From the Keyboards of Kinz and Llis

11/22/21


Happy Thanksgiving, OAGGOR!!!! I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday! Just make sure you don’t eat too much pie. 😉 I know I’m always tempted to. XDXDXD Girl, this is the one time where I think everyone should be allowed to eat more than their fair share of, well, EVERYTHING. 🤣 Good point. ALL RIGHT, GUYS, EAT ALL THE PIE YOU WANT!!!!!!!! 🤣 And then make sure to come back and finish reading this post about Thanksgiving lol. Exactly! Don’t forget about us in between eating your pie and going into a major food coma! 😂 You know, maybe you should all finish this post BEFORE you go feed your faces. Because after pie comes a football game or a nap, and then you never get around to reading our TG post (yes, I have abrv Thanksgiving)!! Hmm, that’s a good idea. Postpone the pie for now, folks! It’ll still be there by the time you finish reading (hopefully . . . 😂). Now you’re making them hungry, Kinzie. XD This is just as good as pie (if not BETTER 😉), so don’t worry. This post Kinzie and I have compiled a list of some things that we’re thankful for! Enjoy! 😁


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1 Chron. 16:8, 34 “Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.

O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.”


I love Thanksgiving and verses about giving thanks to God, and these really stuck out to me, especially the first one! Maybe none of you struggle with this, but when Thanksgiving comes around, I tend to say a private little prayer to thank God for everything He’s done, and there’s nothing wrong with that. However, the verse doesn’t end there! We are instructed to tell others about what He’s done--it’s not always meant to be a one-on-one or once a year! Yes! My pastor talks a lot about how we need to make an effort to always be thankful. It’s vitally important to our Christian walk! A lot of the Israelites' problem was that they failed to be thankful for the things God had given them. Don’t make the same mistake they did! Give thanks unto the Lord every single day, not just on Thanksgiving! 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



We’re Thankful For . . .



  1. Salvation and a home in Heaven. If you haven’t accepted Christ, you are missing out on so much peace and happiness! Amen! (See post #7 for more details, and please email us if you have any questions.)

  2. A Christian family. 

  3. A godly church that preaches the Word and encourages me to grow in my faith.

  4. Amazing friends who draw me closer to God. ♥

  5. A solid Christian curriculum that teaches me more about school and the Bible. (Love you, BJU staff!! ♥ Yes!)

  6. My extraordinary piano students (for those of you who didn’t know, I teach piano!). 

  7. Along those lines . . . being able to serve God with music! I love playing piano and singing!

  8. Being able to serve God through the Patch the Pirate ministry at my church! I love our kids!! 🤗

  9. I am so grateful for my youth group! I love the youth workers and all my friends there. I feel so very blessed to have a church with such a fantastic youth group. 💖 They are amazing!! I’m so glad I got to meet them at camp this summer. 🥰

  10. All the little things we sometimes take for granted, such as being able to spend an afternoon with my mom, watching my brother play basketball, spending time with my extended family, etc.



Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Kinz and Llis






Comments